Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CASCADA [NEW INTERVIEW]

Here is an interview with Natalie Horler (lead singer of Cascada) and the Canadian Press:


AP: Why is it important for you to make it big here?

Horler: The whole world looks at the States and what they do and decide, especially in the music business. The fact that "Everytime We Touch" hit the States and was successful before Europe actually meant a lot to us. The fact that (the new single) "What Hurts the Most" is doing well is actually important to us.


AP: How do you describe the sound of the new CD?

Horler: For people who know the first album, it is similar in the style. People recognize it as being typical Cascada. We have got a few different tracks. There is one track called "Perfect Day" that has a little more of a rock sound to it although it has a dance beat behind it. We have two ballads on there as well. I think everyone will enjoy it. It is very upbeat. It is very feel good.


AP: What is the secret to staying together as a happy group?

Horler: I don't think there is a secret. I think we've got a great team. We all get on really well. We are all mates as well, friends. Especially our DJ, we will go out clubbing. He is from the same city as I am. If we've got a day off, we might go out together as well and have a few drinks and party also. That is important.


AP: What keeps you grounded?

Horler: I don't know. My friends and family keep me grounded I suppose. I still have the same friends that I did years ago. They have grown with me during this career change so to speak, me becoming famous and things like that. As soon as I go home, I do try to switch off. I do the normal things. I wash, I go shopping and clean the flat, that sort of thing. I guess that is what keeps me grounded. I would hope and think that all friends and family would let me know if I was drifting off and turning into something that I am not.


AP: You are successful now, but was there ever a time where you thought about giving up music?

Horler: Definitely. I think everyone who does this job goes through phases where they just think, "Oh my God, I can't do this anymore." The travelling is so taxing and not being able to see your friends and family a lot and things like that. It is stressful and then you deal with the whole being in the limelight and having people criticize you. You have to really develop a thick skin and it is not always easy. We are only human.


AP: Do you feel like you missed out by not attending college?

Horler: Sometimes. My sister is studying right now and a lot of my friends. I do listen to the stories and what it is like in the student life. Some of it I miss slightly. That would be nice to do because I am on the road all the time. You are on your own a lot of the time. My laptop and my mobile phone is my one thing because it keeps me connected to the outside world so to speak. (But) I wouldn't give up this life for nothing. I love it so much even if it is stressful. It is a dream come true.
Credit: CascadaFan.net

No comments:

Post a Comment